The Hairhouse Warehouse Pty Ltd and its franchisees, subsidiaries and other related bodies corporate (together Hairhouse Warehouse, we or us) recognise the importance of protecting your privacy when dealing with your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
The kinds of personal information we collect and hold
The personal information that we may collect about you includes:
- your name
- contact details (including phone number, address and email address)
- age and date of birth
- in certain circumstances, financial information including your credit card details, where appropriate
- information concerning your employment with Hairhouse Warehouse, Hairhouse Warehouse franchisees, subsidiaries and other related bodies corporate
Other information that we may collect about you, which is not personal information, may include:
- information you provide to us through our support centre, website or directly to team members within stores in relation to our products or services (e.g. hair tone, preferred shampoo brand)
- your marketing preferences, including the type of marketing materials you wish to receive and your preferred method of delivery (e.g. email, SMS)
- your transaction record of sales
- data relating to your access of our website including browser type and version, referring website address, domain name if applicable, and frequency of visits
How we collect information
Generally we collect information from you directly such as during conversations with our team members, when you access our website, when you fill out forms or provide us with information during promotions, competitions or special events and when you communicate with us directly (including by email, SMS, telephone or mail).
In addition, we may collect your personal information when you purchase products from our website, submit enquiries (including a prospective franchisee enquiry form), apply for employment at Hairhouse Warehouse or join our loyalty program. We may also collect information from third parties such as credit reporting bodies, suppliers who provide products to our stores and your nominated referees if you are seeking employment with us.
Purpose for which we collect, hold, use and disclose information
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with products and services you have requested from us
- to communicate and maintain our relationship with you
- to market our products and services to you
- to respond to your queries
- to provide you with details of marketing events, promotions, special offers or competitions including via mail, email or SMS
- for processing applications for employment
- for reviewing prospective franchisee enquiry forms and processing such persons during franchisee selection process
- to assess the performance of our website and to improve the operation of our website
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our franchisees, related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of us and our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers
- to provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you
- to meet legal or other regulatory obligations imposed on us
We will not use your information for purposes unrelated to the services we provide, unless we first obtain your consent. We will always use fair and lawful means of collecting personal information.
Please note that for the purposes described above Hairhouse Warehouse may share personal information, and you consent to us disclosing your personal information, with our employees, our franchisees, our related bodies corporate and our suppliers and other trusted third parties (and each of their directors, employees and agents) in Australia.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide our services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about services that you may want, including information about special promotions; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our website to your preferences and your experience of our website may not be as enjoyable or useful.
We will destroy or de-identify personal information if we have not requested it, or if we determine that the personal information you have provided to us is not reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, any of Hairhouse Warehouse’s functions or activities.
We use personal information that we hold about you to identify products and services that may be of interest to you to we will contact you from time to time with details of new products or services, or special offers or promotions related to our products.
These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so.
We will remove your personal information from any Hairhouse Warehouse mailing list at your request.
You can cancel your subscription to a mailing list or opt out from receiving any communication from Hairhouse Warehouse at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link provided on all our promotional emails and SMSs.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
Who do we disclose your information to?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate and contractors for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide services to you
- to our franchisees and their employees
- to our third party service providers, including without limitation web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
Hairhouse Warehouse may combine or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our franchisees or related bodies corporate within Australia.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
We do not disclose personal information to overseas recipients.
Security and data quality
Hairhouse Warehouse takes all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure including by means of firewalls, passwords, encryption of credit card transactions using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, virus scanning tools and secure servers.
We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed or when we are no longer required by law to retain it (whichever is the later).
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You may access your personal information held by Hairhouse Warehouse by making a request to us via the contact details listed below. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a reasonable fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information. We may refuse to provide access to your personal information if your request is unlawful or may interfere with the privacy of others. If this happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that personal information we hold is not accessed improperly.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. We will treat your complaint confidentially, investigate your complaint and aim to ensure that we contact you and that your complaint is resolved within a reasonable time (and in any event within the time required by the Privacy Act, if applicable).
The Hairhouse Warehouse Pty Ltd
605 Doncaster Road
Doncaster VIC 3108